With Christmas at our doorstep, we decided to give the modern cake stand a twist to make festive décor at home a little more festive. Who says cake stands were meant only for cakes? We disagree. Here are our five handy Christmas kitchen décor ideas for that cake stand.
- Use cake stands as table décor: We love shopping for little Christmas tree trinkets. You can fill up the cake stand with fake snow and your Christmas trinket haul and use this to style your Christmas feast table.
- Improvise as a fruit stand: If you have traditional silver cake stands, you can create a decadent look with fresh fruit piled up high on it.
- Create your own dessert stand: Create a vintage themed table setting with a cake stand filled with cookies and desserts. Use a cloche to cover up the cake stand and your table is good enough to eat!
- Use cake stands for a floral bouquet: You can also turn your cake stand into an improvised floral bouquet stand. Buy a floral foam brick from your local florist, and cover up the surface with flowers of your choice. If you're looking to enhance your home decor, consider incorporating your cake stand into your kitchen design by repurposing it as a stylish and functional floral bouquet stand. Simply purchase a floral foam brick from your local florist, and use it to create a beautiful display of flowers that complements your kitchen's aesthetic
- As a décor accessory: Use your cake stand as a table accessory on its own. Style it with vintage lace, old fashioned bound books and there you have a Victorian themed table setting with the minimum amount of fuss.