There’s nothing like a few potted plants to bring alive a space. They add an instant shot of freshness to the home. Here are a few ideas on how to do it right.
- Swap your floor lamp for a large bonsai in the living room. Use a brass or copper pot for that dash of glam.
- Variety is the spice of life: Use different plants in varying heights in different types of pots to create visual drama. Interesting shaped pots can add to the décor of the space.
- Place small potted plants at the corner of your shelves along side your accessories, and see how wonderfully they transform what once was a dead space.
- You can also explore vertical gardens at the entry to your home or on the walls of your balcony.
- Hosting a party, and don’t have runners or table accessories handy? Just place a row of potted plants interspersed with candles and you are set for a chic, rustic party.
- If all the soil is giving you stain-nightmares, then opt for plants that you can grow in water. Think fish bowls and leafy greens.
- Our favourite is the herb garden on the windowsill. How can you beat the joy of plucking fresh curry leaves or basil and using it to cook right away?