Think of a blank wall as a blank canvas. There is so much you can do with it that it could be daunting for you to consider. Don’t fret, we’ve put together a list of ideas to make your home interior walls go from plain to statement-making.
The best thing about wall décor is that it’s the easiest way to create a ‘look’ for any room. So, even if it’s the only thing you mull over for a room, then it’ll still probably be enough.
- A thematic wall makes a space look attractive, organized, and well-thought-out.
- You can go with a theme based on the style of art you display. For example; ink-based paintings, abstract art, or caricatures. You can also go with a particular artist’s paintings if you are an art collector and enjoy the same.
- If you’d like to display photographs, stick to a mood, for e.g.; a monochromatic display or a selection of creatively captured photos.
- Mix and match paintings and photos with decorative wall- mounted objects or framed fabrics that go with the theme.
For e.g.; a theme based on traditional or cultural artifacts
- A ledge is a narrow shelf of a few inches, which can be used to display collectibles.
- This is a great option if you’d like to avoid drilling holes and hanging things. Simply display them on a ledge and lean the piece on the wall behind.
- This makes it easier to rearrange the display whenever something else catches your eye. Place a variety of articles including frames, artifacts, decorative accessories, mirrors, etc.
- If there’s enough space on the ledge then place objects that are framed creatively in boxes, standing upright. For e.g. if you have a collection of small objects and don’t know how to display them, then frame them in a box and place them here.
Innovative Gallery Walls
- A mixture of mixed media, like photos, art, decorative objects, and frames of different shapes.
- Add character to the mix with a variety of finishes.
- Mount objects of sentimental value or souvenirs from trips to make the arrangement more personal.
Wallpaper Or Murals
- Printed wallpapers add character to blank walls.
- Opt for a mural or decal that makes the wall look unique.
- Have fun with it. For e.g. you could use the wallpaper cut into panels across the wall. Another example could be framing the wallpaper or various prints in a variety of finishes and sizes and arranging it creatively.
- The main benefit of dressing up any wall with mirrors is that it makes spaces look bigger. So, if there’s a bank wall in the entryway or a smaller space, a mirror is perfect.
- A collection of reflective surfaces create an interactive illusion. As you move the reflections change and seem less static as compared to other pieces of décor.
- Use an accent mirror with a statement frame or a bunch of old mirrors with antique frames. This will guarantee a great looking wall, no matter where you place it.
- Wall plates have become a popular choice in Indian décor. This is a trendy option.
- Ceramic wall plates are the most popular.
- This idea works in a kitchen or a dining space.
- Tapestry adds warmth and character to rooms.
- Opt for rugs or embroidered scarves as wall décor.
- Place such pieces in areas where there’s little chance of it catching dust. The fabric can be dry-cleaned regularly for maintenance.
- Areas like a library, study, or lounging space are most suitable for this style of décor.
- This method adds the most amount of drama to your décor.
- Use pieces like old doors, window frames, antiques that have stories
- Use statement pieces available in the market. Some of them even come as a group of items to create a complete stylized setting on the wall.
- Use wall terrariums that hardly need any maintenance, yet look so effortlessly pretty.
- Mount small quirky planters to add more character and an element of fun to the walls.
- Hang a bunch of planters at a corner of the room.
- Use plants that don’t require much water, so walls remain clean.
- An ideal location to place this would be near a window, or balcony with some sunlight.