If you love hosting, especially your loved ones, then the guest bedroom is a space you do not want to overlook when decorating your home. The guest room will be their home away from home for your guests. It is crucial that you curate guest bedroom design to be charming and warm, whimsical and cosy.
Any guest room interior must be designed with comfort and intimacy in mind and should cater to all the senses to create a warm ambience. Play with colour and lighting for the visual aesthetic. Use a variety of textiles and furniture materials to add tactile elements and add options for a scent based on the theme of the guest bedroom.
Read on for an overview of how to make your guest room inviting, cosy and memorable.
Modern guest bedroom ideas
Here is a compilation of modern and trendy ideas for guest room interior design and décor that will work for any kind of space that you have.
Guest room furniture
Here is a list of all the essential furniture pieces for a modern guest room.
1. A comfortable bed should be number one on the priority list for the guest room interior. Pick a bed frame based on the space available to you. A single bed, a daybed with a trundle, or a pull-out couch might work best for smaller areas. On the other hand, a twin bed, a queen bed, or a king-sized bed would work better for more expansive rooms. Irrespective of its size, make sure the mattress is the best you can buy.
2. Any guest room design must incorporate ample storage space. In-built wardrobes would provide a clean look. A dresser or an armoire could be used as an accent piece in addition to storage.
3. Guests would appreciate any additional seating space apart from the bed. A sitting chair or a loveseat works well for nooks. If you have the space, opt for a sofa by the windows or a bench at the foot of the bed.
4. A foldable luggage chair is a must! This will save your bedding from damage and make it easier for your guests to pack and unpack.
5. You can get creative when it comes to bedside tables. Use a chair or a stool if you’re working with a smaller guest room interior. You can use other pieces that might offer multi-functionality, such as desks.
6. A full-length mirror is always a good guest room idea. Not only will it help your guests when they’re getting ready for the day, but it will also enhance the ambience of the room.
Guest bedroom interior design tips
When it comes to guest room interior design, you want the room to be inviting. Hence, you should opt for designs and aesthetics that most everyone would find relaxing and inviting. Warm neutral and monochrome colour palettes work best for guest rooms. Earthy greens, blues and pastels can add a pop of colour without changing the mood of the room. Darker hues and jewel tones to make the room feel cosier and intimate is a tried and tested guest bedroom idea.
Whichever design style you pick, ensure that the décor is minimal and functional. Your guests should be able to use the room for themselves. If the room feels too busy or kitschy, they might find it difficult to get comfortable. A guest bedroom idea is to create nooks that provide the illusion of enclosing space, amplifying the intimacy. Lighting in the room is a crucial design element. Ample natural light can make the room appear bright and fresh. Softer lighting options like string lights, candles, lamps, etc., will make the guest bedroom snug and restful. Enhance the effect of the soft lighting by strategically placing mirrors in the room.
Guest room décor ideas
We’ve seen some ways in which various design elements in a room can influence the ambience. Décor in the room, small or big, can have just as significant an impact. The details you add with décor add visual interest and personality. It is also through the décor that you can entice the different senses. Tactile elements, optical components, scents all combined will add to the vibe of the room.
To make the guest room feel homey, layer textiles for the bedding and add throw pillows. Area rugs can also make the room feel warm. The fabric used in a room does a lot to set the tone in the room. The more fluffy and soft seeming the textile is, the more relaxing and friendly the room will appear. The bedding, the pile of throws or the rug, could be the statement piece in the room. A canopy for the bed is another opportunity to add textile to the guest bedroom.
Fresh flowers and greens liven up the room and, at the same time, add a personal touch. The guests will no doubt appreciate it. Place potted plants on the side tables or have a few hanging by the window. Create a seasonal centrepiece using fresh flora. Add scented candles or potpourri in the room for gentle, enveloping fragrance. These can easily be used to match the rest of the décor in the room.
Implementing these guest room décor ideas is sure to make your guests feel welcome in your home.
Small guest bedroom ideas
A smaller space can be challenging to design, mainly when it serves multiple functions. Here are some small guest bedroom ideas to help you optimise the space.
Beautiful Homes provides a massive range of services and products to help you create a personalised guest bedroom design. Select all the essentials you need from our shop. We offer all you need, from statement beds to stylish sofas, accent chairs, and quaint desks and stools.
With Beautiful Homes Interior Design Services, you can choose to avail yourself of expert services to help you create a modern guest room. The experts will make sure that the guest bedroom interior design is top-notch. We offer design services that include painting and wallpaper, furnishings, decor and lighting. All of these can be personalised to your space.
You may choose to avail the Quick Home Makeover services if you’re short on time. We also offer specific and specialised services such as Safe Painting Services, Colour Consultancy Services Online, Wood Solutions or Design Wall Makeover.
Whatever your needs are, we at Beautiful Homes have your back.