Some handy tips and décor ideas to spruce up your study room
Functional study areas are passé. If your home study isn’t helping your productivity levels, it’s probably time for an update. We give you some handy tips to spruce up your study.
1. Add a memory board above your work desk: Make your work space at home personal with a memory board that helps you collect your travel pictures, and personal notes in one place where you can see it. Click here for our DIY idea on making your own memory board at home.
2. Reconsider task lighting for your study: Task lighting is typically used for areas that need better light for visual clarity. Your study is one area where planning your task lighting will help tremendously. Invest in a good study lamp that provides sufficient light and won’t strain your eyes during those late night sessions with your laptop.
3. Desk organisers : Did anyone ever tell you that messy study areas are a sign of a creative mind? Well, they lied. Organised desks where everything is filed away in the right place and there’s minimal clutter to be seen on the surface is the key to higher levels of productivity at home. We are currently crushing on Muji’s file organisers and desk accessories that help ensure your desks at home are perfection personified.
4. Fairylights: Just because its called a study area, doesn’t mean it needs to look boring. Make your study cosy and inviting so you feel like spending more time there. If you’re like us, then removing those fairy lights after Diwali and Christmas probably gives you post-festive blues. Put your festive fairy lights to work by hanging them above your desk. You can even opt to wrap it around your memory board or simply have them lying flat on the study desk.
5. Accessorise your space: Instead of buying standard plastic pen stands, and other containers for your workspace, tread off the usual path by picking interesting ceramic containers that add an individual touch. Add a single sprig to a ceramic planter and use that instead of a typical floral bouquet. Nothing like a plant to add some life to your desk.
Use a focussed task light above your desk.
Instead of standard plastic pen stands, pick interesting ceramic containers that add an individual touch.
Use interesting containers to accessorise your desk.
Fill out this form and our Customer Experience Specialist will reach out to you.