Gold accents are the easiest way to bring glamour into your living room design. Follow our easy tips to know how
Pin it down to our love for maximalism or our Indian hearts, our love for gold seeps from jewellery on to our home décor. It is a sure-shot way to add luxury to your space. But like with our statement pieces, it’s about aiming for one element at a time.
1. Heavy gold drapes – for a little shimmer, layer your drapes with sheer gold curtains or choose fabrics with gold thread work.
Tasselled, golden curtain ties could also do the trick.
2. A sleek brass side or coffee table with brass legs will also make for luxe update. Refurbish that vintage trolley or bar cart with gold
paint for an interesting corner. An antique console table with brass inlay work or handles can also be a great addition.
3. A sculptural gold mirror on the wall works well as an accent piece.
4. Another easy way of updating your space is with cushions. One plain or patterned gold cushion can tie in the entire setting.
5. An armchair upholstered in a rich fabric like jacquard with golden hints or a gold ottoman can add a bit of drama.
6. A painted or wallpapered feature partition with shimmering gold is another way of injecting some bling.
7. A few pictures with gilt frames – whether simple or ornate – make for a perfect gallery wall.
8. Don’t forget curios like sculptures, vases, candles, etc. These can be grouped together on a console or side table.
9. A statement floor or table lamp, pendant lights hung in clusters, wall lights with brass details or chandeliers.
10. You can also look up for inspiration – try a little gold on the ceiling. Use stencils painted gold or a few metal tiles placed well. Your
false ceiling or cornices can also have gold details.
Inject some gold drama into your home with furniture that reflects your love for subtle bling. This gold daybed is a perfect example of simple yet effective.
Upholstery is an easy and not so expensive way to add some gold to your setting. Embroidered or solid cushions will add a touch of luxury to your sofa.
Gold finished lamps not only emit a soft glow when lit but also make for an attractive display when unlit.
Golden accent pieces such as sculptures or other artefacts can be given pride of place to instantly uplift the space.
If you are not ready for an entire feature wall in gold, then try panels on your furniture. Pair them with whites for that restrained elegance.
Fill out this form and our Customer Experience Specialist will reach out to you.
Tired of decorating rules when it comes to choosing colours for your small space? We made it a tad easier with our four-point guide
We got one of our favourite home interior bloggers, Rohina Anand Khira of AA Living to give us her top décor ideas for the living room