Follow our tips to welcome your guests with a cosy room filled with memories
Even though you don’t spend a lot of time in the guest room, your guests will spend their entire stay there. The room shouldn't be about just the bare necessities. Over and above cleaning and changing the sheets, look at making the room a space you would want to live in and your guests will appreciate the personal, cosy vibe.
• Bunches of fresh flowers placed in colourful vases can instantly add a cheerful vibe to your guest room.
• The bedding doesn’t have to be elaborate but a good mattress, quality cotton sheets, few fluffy pillows and a plush duvet
make for a great night’s sleep and your guests will appreciate the effort.
• You can also invest in a memory foam pillow in case you know of any back or neck issues your guests may have.
• A great décor accessory is window furnishings; they enliven the room and afford your guests greater privacy.
• Keep extra towels, toilet paper, robes and blankets in the wardrobe for easy accessibility.
• If there isn’t enough space for a small cupboard or chest of drawers, a luggage rack or short table for bags goes a long way in
making the stay more comfortable.
• Stock the bedside table with a scented candle, alarm clock, lamp and light reading material they would find interesting. Add a
power strip with multiple sockets for chargers etc, as well.
• Display pictures of shared memories on the wall, it injects a special personal touch.
• Make sure the bathroom is stocked with necessary toiletries, a first aid kit and a laundry basket.
• If space allows, include a small mirror and table in the room.
• Go the extra mile and arrange for a small tea/coffee station – a kettle, few tea bags, packets of coffee, mugs, spoons, water
and even a few chocolates on a tray. You can even place a bowl of fresh fruit for a mid-night snack.
• Small touches can make your guests feel more welcome – your Wi-Fi password printed out on pretty paper and placed in a
picture frame on the bedside table, a reading corner near the window or a note expressing how happy you are to host them.
A comfortable reading corner will help your guests relax.
Fresh flowers are a great way to make your guest room feel inviting. Add a mirror and small table as a makeshift dresser.
Remember to stock the guest bathroom with extra towels and toiletries.
Your guests will appreciate reading material and a lamp; add a scented candle to the bedside table for that special touch.
Organising your wardrobe is half the battle won, in your efforts to get ready on time. Here are our top tips help you stay stylish by helping you reorganize your walk-in wardrobe
Planning a bedroom makeover? Pick from our selection of top colours for the bedroom