Click Here for a 3D design consultation with our interior designers!
Utilise the space in your small bedroom design effectively with these five nifty tips on organising furniture
So, you’ve done as much as you can to salvage every free square inch in your bedroom, and yet it seems overbearing. Don’t stress – there are several ways in which you can avoid a cluttered scene. These five smart ways of organising your furniture will bring out your room’s full potential and give a perfect bedroom design:
1. Choose a bed proportional to your room size. Too big a bed will eat up bedroom space. Try to place it in the centre of the most
visible wall, the one that faces you when you're standing in the doorway. You may opt for a sofa cum bed so there’s open space in
2. Use the space under the bed to maximise. A double bed can accommodate storage of almost two full wardrobes. If planned well,
you can accommodate a lot of daily use things underneath, which can be accessed through drawers for ease of use
3. Use double duty furniture in your bedroom: small storage cabinets instead of a table, floating drawer instead of a shelf and
nightstand with a wall mounted mirror that doubles as a dresser
4. Install shallow wardrobes along the entire wall for a cosy feeling. Hooks on the shutters help accommodate more things so the
shelves appear neat and spacious. Go for a finish in a light colour to make the room look open
5. Magnify the room with floor to ceiling mirrors. These could also replace wardrobe shutters to create brighter room. Remember to
keep the look minimal as mirrors will reflect everything that is in the room and may make the room seem more cluttered if furniture
isn’t placed well
Use your under bed storage to the fullest. If you don’t have built-in drawers, hide the storage baskets from sight with bed skirting. Use this space to store items you may not use regularly.
Make your furniture work twice as hard. Prop a mirror above your night stand or chest of drawers to be able to use it as a dresser too.
Fill out this form and our Customer Experience Specialist will reach out to you.