Click Here for a 3D design consultation with our interior designers!
Use these ideas to elevate your simple bathroom by using tiles in creative ways
Statement tiles can help create a focal point in any room. Apart from using them to cover an entire wall or a floor, tiles can be used as a design element as well. Plus, they are easy to maintain. There are several options you can choose from: Moroccan, brick or wood-like tiles, chevron or hexagon patterns and tiles with an industrial/concrete look.
1) Pick a colour palette that best suits the overall interiors in your house. The statement tiles then need to fit in with the colour palette,
whether contrasting or similar hues
2) Make your shower enclosure standout with three sides covered in patterned or bright tiles. Alternately, the floor of the entire
bathroom or just the wet area can be done with highlighter tiles
3) Use highlighter tiles in the inside of alcoves or recesses to make them stand out
4) The mirror can be styled with a border of beautiful mosaics or small, colourful handmade tiles running around it
5) Tiles with Moroccan designs can induce a spa-like feel when combined with natural tones and textures. If you want a more modern
feel, use monochrome geometric tiles or ones which create an optical illusion
6) Another way of incorporating tiles in your bathroom is by using them as a basin backsplash. Team floral print tiles with plain ones for
the complete effect
7) If you’re not one for patterned tiles, layout plain tiles in diagonal or herringbone patterns and use different coloured grouting to
really make them stand out
8) Keep in mind how long you would want this look to last and choose colours and patterns accordingly. If you are one that gets bored
too soon, go for tried and tested options like veined marble, etc. Making an informed decision is key
Want to go all out with statement tiles? Use them to cover the floor entirely and leave the walls bare or cover them with plain white tiles for maximum impact.
Another way you can create an element of interest in your bathroom is by using a tile with graphic patterns as a splashback for your basin.
Here’s one way to highlight your shower enclosure – use colour blocking. Break the monotony of plain white tiles by using thick stripes of colourful tiles to create the effect of colour blocking.
Fill out this form and our Customer Experience Specialist will reach out to you.