Click Here for a 3D design consultation with our interior designers!
Keep your bathroom tiles dirt free and looking good as new with these handy tips
Not only is the bathroom the most important room to keep clean, but also the most difficult. Here’s how you can keep it squeaky clean and help this high-traffic room stay fresher for longer:
· Grout is the first thing to look dirty as the soapy residue accumulates there, which causes it to change colour. Use a toothbrush and
an effective cleaner to clean the grout. Make sure you don’t use a strong one as it can cause erosion
· Once the grout erodes, it can lead to water seepage in the ceiling of the house below yours
· Mixing baking soda with vinegar forms a paste which can effectively cut through the dirt on the grout without causing damage. If you
have a marble bathroom, do not use vinegar
· Cleaning tiles with a soft sponge or microfibre cloth soaked in warm, soapy solution is a safe way to go. Avoid using rough cloth or
scrub pads for cleaning
· Wipe down the tub, walls and floor after a shower to minimise moisture in the bathroom. You can also leave the doors open and put
on the exhaust fan too. Keep the shower curtain drawn out to dry it faster
· A clutter-free counter instantly makes the bathroom look cleaner. Design a functional vanity unit so you can stash away things in a
way that they remain within reach
· Wash your shower curtains periodically to avoid mold setting into them. A mildew buildup in the curtains can also lead to a build up in
the tiles and grout
When you are done, spray your favourite room freshener and introduce some plants or succulents to spruce up the space.
Well ventilated bathrooms help keep the space dry. Moisture enables mildew growth, so as soon as you’re done bathing, open out the windows and switch on the exhaust to dry the area faster. Image courtesy, The Muse, Bentota
A clear counter ensures there is no spillage of any kind on the tiles below. Often in a hurry we tend to knock down bottles and spill contents on the floor. Cabinets help in organising this mess while also ensuring that supplies we need daily are handy. Image courtesy, FADD Studio
An easy way to prevent mildew on your tiles is by avoiding a build up on your shower curtains. Keep them as dry as possible and wash regularly. Image courtesy, karamysh / Shutterstock.com
Fill out this form and our Customer Experience Specialist will reach out to you.
Use these ideas to elevate your simple bathroom by using tiles in creative ways
Make an informed decision between shower curtains and shower cubicles when remodelling your bathroom