Tips and inspiration for two festive table settings this Diwali that will take you from lunch to dinner effortlessly
There’s nothing more we love than mealtimes with our folks, over merry laughter and joyous conversation. Throw in beautiful place settings, and we are definitely sold. So there’s more than one reason for us to be excited about Diwali. Not only does it call for get-togethers but also lets us don our hostess hat on.
We have chosen two exquisite table settings that will help you ace your lunch and dinner celebrations. Here’s a quick set of tips that will aid your ultimate festive table setting.
Tips for lunch table setting
1. You can either work with all whites or opt for a monochromatic look. If you do decide to work with monochromes then make sure you have an ensemble of different prints to aid you
2. You can take the offbeat route of using wooden crockery
3. Break the mattes with a hint of metal, in this case copper
4. Make sure the food you serve is colourful to offset the monotone furnishings
Tips for dinner table setting
1. First and foremost decide on your palette. A emerald green with gold is a winning combination for an understated yet elegant setting
2.Ditch the regular cloth runner for an innovative one. You can use one made of faux grass. Should you use a real grass runner, then make sure it is insulated at the bottom
3. Place clusters of votives interspersed with lanterns on the runner
4. Throw in ferns, leaves or vines to create continuity between the runner, votives and lanterns
5. Layer your plates to create a formal look
Monotones work well for a lunch setting. You can steer clear of the regular and even opt for wooden crockery.
Bring out your beads and baubles to create a dressy dinner table setting for Diwali
This weekend, plan a breakfast in bed for your own self or for your significant other, with these styling ideas in mind
The nip in the air is perfect to move the party to the terrace. Create an enchanting table setting with a mix of fairy lights, candelabras, and lots of candles
Looking to make your gifts stand out? Get inspired with our list of quirky gift wrapping ideas