Journey through real Indian homes to find unique and modern home décor ideasExplore All
An old, dingy apartment in Delhi gets a sun-kissed, elegant makeover
Discover stunning 3BHK house design ideas for your dream home
This compact Mumbai home is a study in saving space ideas
Home décor tips, tricks, ideas and advice from expertsExplore All
How to keep your living room cool this summer
Choose the perfect Duplex design floor plan for your lifestyle
Discover stunning wash basin granite counter designs for your bathroom
The inspiration you need to elevate your day-to-dayExplore All
Easy floral arrangements for the summer and how to make them (at home)
Fresh, local, seasonal: Summer salads with a desi twist
The ultimate summer drink: The Gondhoraj Margarita
Find inspiration for every room in your homeExplore All
A stylish guestroom is an essential part of hospitality
White kitchen cabinet designs that will inspire your home remodel
From bold to subtle: Choosing the perfect balcony paint design for your home
Create your own beautiful home
Leave your information and we will call you to book your preferred consultation slot
When it comes to designing a kitchen, or finding the right kind of modular kitchen, the budget is a very important factor. But a cost-effective modular kitchen can also be highly functional and aesthetically pleasing for your interior design.
Your home is all about you. From the first call, we try to understand you and your expectations from a living space. Our designers work with you on finding the right balance between aesthetics and functionality, while our project manager ensures that budget, time and quality goals are met.
Our team will spend time with you to understand your requirement and preferences - functional and aesthetic
Our designers will work on a unique interior design, and show you the potential of your home - in 3D
We will help you make key interior design decisions that suit your budget, before charting out a project plan
Once the work is completed, we hand over the keys to your new home - a successful collaboration!
Easy EMI and Warranty Options
For a simple modular kitchen that is easy on the pocket, yet functional and elegant, be very clear about what you want in your space. Every homeowner has different preferences and cooking habits, so it is important to know what the essential must-haves in your modular kitchen. Use cost-effective materials such as vinyl and laminates. They are affordable yet stylish and come in different colours. Also, be sure about your storage needs; based on that, you can choose the number of cabinets you may need. Choose countertop materials wisely, and avoid expensive ones like granite, marble or quartz.
The kind of space you have will define the kitchen layout, so a straight, L-shaped modular kitchen or parallel kitchen will be cheaper than a U-shaped one or one that requires an island. A straight kitchen occupies one wall, hence its material, the storage requirement is less and it has only one countertop. Therefore, this would by default be the cheapest modular kitchen to design.
Good design that is practical and efficient, as well as stylish, is a necessity when it comes to the kitchen. There is, however, a misconception that a well-made kitchen that optimizes storage and productivity is not possible without a large budget. That is not always the case, especially when it comes to modular kitchen options. While a good budget will certainly provide more alternatives and choices, a limited, low-cost modular kitchen, if planned well, can also be efficient even as it’s cost-effective. Knowing the requirements of the space, choosing materials that last longer and planning well are key to ensuring a great-looking modular kitchen on a budget.
Modular kitchens are available in a variety of layouts and materials and finishes. Depending on the storage requirements, the space in which the kitchen will go and the budget, there are low-cost modular kitchen price options that are functional and elegant as well. Homeowners looking for budget modular kitchens have a variety of choice in terms of layout, finish, cabinetry, etc.
1. Small modular kitchen: In terms of layout, if space is a constraint, a small modular kitchen will inevitably be cost-effective. A straight modular kitchen layout, for instance, which takes up just one wall is budget-friendly. It involves just one countertop, thus leading to less material, given that cabinetry that can fit into a small space will also be limited.
2. Simple modular kitchen: Homeowners can opt for simple modular kitchens and keep the design basic without overcrowding or overdoing the space. Since modular kitchens offer smart storage options, the cabinetry needed may be limited but also maximizes storage. A simple modular kitchen entails a clean, minimalist look, with fewer accessories and neutral colours. In case there is more space, to fit in an L-shaped or a parallel modular kitchen, both of which take up two walls, then costs can be lowered by opting for lesser cabinets and units and reasonably priced material.
3. Open cabinetry options: Carefully chosen cabinets can help ensure a low budget low-cost modular kitchen. Open door-less cabinets play a significant role in reducing the budget as it reduces the number of materials needed. Fittings and fixtures like handles on the units or knobs can also be reduced in such cases. The mix of closed and open shelving units will ensure lower costs.
4. Materials used for low-budget modular kitchens: Using laminate or PVC further ensures the costs are low since these are very reasonably priced materials. Laminates and PVC are a great option when on a budget as they are long-lasting and easy to maintain. For a wood-like finish, MDF or plywood can be considered. They are cheaper than wood and easy to maintain as well.
5. Countertop materials: The materials for the countertops and cabinets are another thing to keep in mind. Modular kitchens offer a wide variety such as marble, wood, granite and other natural stones, vinyl, PVC, laminates, etc. Wood veneers are also worth exploring as they are cheaper than wood and more durable and budget-friendly.
Tips to Design a Low Budget Modular Kitchen
Small Modular Kitchen | L-Shaped Modular Kitchen Design | U-Shaped Kitchen Design | PVC Modular Kitchen | Parallel Kitchen Design | Semi-Modular Kitchen | Aluminium Kitchen Design | Open Kitchen Design | Island Kitchen Design | Straight Modular Kitchen | Wooden Kitchen Design