Journey through real Indian homes to find unique and modern home décor ideasExplore All
This compact Mumbai home is a study in saving space ideas
This New Delhi home is the very definition of the India Modern aesthetic
Flintstone 6: A sleek, modern farmhouse with a sustainable flair
Home décor tips, tricks, ideas and advice from expertsExplore All
How to keep your living room cool this summer
Choose the perfect Duplex design floor plan for your lifestyle
Discover stunning wash basin granite counter designs for your bathroom
The inspiration you need to elevate your day-to-dayExplore All
The ultimate summer drink: The Gondhoraj Margarita
Asian Paints' Trend Forecast for 2023 is about revival and rebirth
Traditional with a twist: Homemade coolers for a delicious, nutritious summer
Find inspiration for every room in your homeExplore All
A stylish guestroom is an essential part of hospitality
White kitchen cabinet designs that will inspire your home remodel
From bold to subtle: Choosing the perfect balcony paint design for your home
Create your own beautiful home
Leave your information and we will call you to book your preferred consultation slot
A simple design, minimal décor elements, a clean and uncluttered look and neutral colours are the main elements of a minimalist living room design aesthetic.
Your home is all about you. From the first call, we try to understand you and your expectations from a living space. Our designers work with you on finding the right balance between aesthetics and functionality, while our project manager ensures that budget, time and quality goals are met.
Our team will spend time with you to understand your requirement and preferences - functional and aesthetic
Our designers will work on a unique interior design, and show you the potential of your home - in 3D
We will help you make key interior design decisions that suit your budget, before charting out a project plan
Once the work is completed, we hand over the keys to your new home - a successful collaboration!
Easy EMI and Warranty Options
An uncluttered space with only the necessities in terms of furniture, decor and accessories that will be needed to create a comfortable space, and a simple aesthetic free of embellishments is a modern minimalist living room design. This kind of aesthetic prioritizes the functionality of the minimalist decor in living room. Natural light is also integral to this sort of design.
● Choose the materials you use carefully and use glass, wood and metal in your living room minimalist interior design.
● Since the furniture pieces need to be limited, pick one statement piece and make that the centerpiece of the living room. Make sure the rest of the pieces chosen work well with this statement piece.
● Make sure the furniture pieces are clean-lined and simple rather than heavy or bulky.
● Adding indoor plants is a great way to add an element of nature that also works as a colourful accent.
● A bold artwork that complements the muted, neutral-toned backdrop is a great way to enhance the overall aesthetic.
● Minimalism might look stark but it is also possible to make this kind of style warm and cozy. Minimalist living rooms in India, especially, tend to be less stark.
● There are several ways to do this, including through soft-coloured furnishings and fabrics.
● Use warm, earthy colours for furnishings such as pillow covers or a small rug that can anchor the furniture.
● In terms of the pieces that you can use, open shelving units in interesting shapes that can be mounted on a wall add character to the living room minimalist interior design. Moreover, they serve as storage as well as display space for showpieces.
● Add personal touches, such as family photos or a favourite artwork to the minimalist living room for your apartment.
● Make sure the room receives ample natural light.
● Use natural materials like wood to add warmth to the space.
As the name suggests, the Scandinavian style of minimalism originated in countries such as Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland and Sweden, sometime in the 1930s. This kind of minimalism follows the clean-lined, clutter-free principles but it is also characterized by warm colours and natural materials like wood over metal and glass. It involves using soft textures and emphasizes the importance of creating a light-filled space that is vibrant and comfortable while being simply designed. A minimalist Scandinavian living room creates what is known as a ‘hygge’ vibe, which refers to a space of warmth, cosiness and comfort that fosters a general sense of well-being.
The clean lines, clutter-free look and preference for functionality are common features in both these styles. However, the way they are deployed in designing a space differs. While minimalism can tend towards being a starker space that uses cooler shades and materials, such as white, glass and metal, minimalist Scandinavian living room is always about warmer tones and focuses more on using wood and stone and earthy hues. There are overlaps in the two styles, but the main difference lies in the dominance of materials and the fact that the Scandinavian-style minimalism is synonymous with a warm, simple design aesthetic.
Minimalism is the kind of aesthetic that adheres to the ‘less is more’ concept. The idea of this style is that it is possible to make a space striking without adding too many elements or accessories. It counters the belief that plenty of embellishments are needed for a living room to be inviting and warm. The minimal style is especially useful in urban homes in large metros where apartments tend to be compact. A minimalistic living room design, therefore, would stick to the bare necessities, where functionality will be a priority. Aesthetic appeal follows the practical benefits of a living room décor. Minimalist interior design for a living room will also prefer paler shades, smaller patterns on fabrics and will be geared towards more natural materials. If you are someone who loves minimalism, then you should go for this style in your interior design.
Explore Different Types of Living Room Designs:
Modern Living Room | Indian Style Living Room Design | Small Living Room Design | Elegant Living room | Rustic Living Room | Contemporary Living Room | Industrial Living Room