We have some bright ideas to help you light up your home interior this Diwali, read on to know more
Tis the time to drench your home in pretty lights. Diwali is almost upon us which essentially means it’s time to give your home a good scrub down. Once that’s out of the way, make room for these innovative ways to fill your home with warm illuminators. Traditional diyas and brass sculptural lights aside, here are some creative lighting options to adopt this year.
1. Turn regular apples into candle votives. Use them to decorate the dining table by creating a centrepiece or making it a part of
individual place setting.
2. Reach for a cottage chic look with yellow fairy lights. Move away from the regular window decoration and use them creatively
indoors. Drape them around your headboard, fill decorative bird cages with them, use them in hurricane lanterns or outline large
mirrors and watch their glow amplify. You could also DIY a spherical light by spray painting hula hoops black and stringing fairy
lights around it.
3. Pick pendant lights that cast interesting shadows. As the sway in the breeze, their remarkable shadows lend a sense of theatrics to
4. Put those extra mason jars laying around the kitchen to good use. Turn them into outdoor lanterns for the perfect
Instagram-worthy picture. Suspend them on stringed low voltage lights or use them as votives for floating candles.
5. If you don’t already have a monogram light, it’s the perfect time to get one. Spell out positive and festive words or just your
6. Washi tape, also known as every DIY-ers not-so-secret weapon, can instantly help uplift those regular t-light candles and plain glass
votives. Pick tapes with patterns and colours to suit your interiors and let your creativity take control.
7. Simple and minimalistic, air plant globes can double as t-light votives. They can be suspended or left standing individually around
the house to induce Scandinavian vibes.
8. It’s not Christmas yet but you can put those cake trays to use. Turn them into a pretty centre pieces or coffee table decoration
complete with petals, flowers and candles.
9. Heirloom ladles rusting away in the attic can make for beautiful illuminators too. Give them a new lease on life this Diwali.
10. Choose a pendant light or Edison bulb that you love and invest in a six to eight of them. Group them together to create a cluster
chandelier that’s affordable and can be dismantled or reconfigured easily.
Using fairy lights helps bring in that festive feel to your home
Fill up mason jars with fairy lights and accessoriese them around the house
Use apples to turn them into candle votives
Use cake trays by turning them into coffee table decoration piece with petals, flowers and candles
Fill out this form and our Customer Experience Specialist will reach out to you.
Asian Paints’ own collection of well-designed India-made products at the right price. Something for every taste of home
Don’t let the lack of time or busy schedules deter you from building your dream home. There are professionals to help
Choosing the best windows for your home is about finding the balance between aesthetics and functionality. Read our comprehensive guide on what you need to keep in mind
Decorating walls may seem like a difficult task, but here is a list of innovative ideas to try