Own your green thumb with our easy tips on decorating with plants
There’s nothing like a few potted plants to bring alive a space. They add an instant shot of freshness to the home. Here are a few ideas on how to do it right.
1. Swap your floor lamp for a large bonsai in the living room. Use a brass or copper pot for that dash of glam.
2. Variety is the spice of life: Use different plants in varying heights in different types of pots to create visual drama. Interesting
shaped pots can add to the décor of the space.
3. Place small potted plants at the corner of your shelves along side your accessories, and see how wonderfully they transform
what once was a dead space.
4. You can also explore vertical gardens at the entry to your home or on the walls of your balcony.
5. Hosting a party, and don’t have runners or table accessories handy? Just place a row of potted plants interspersed with candles
and you are set for a chic, rustic party.
6. If all the soil is giving you stain-nightmares, then opt for plants that you can grow in water. Think fish bowls and leafy greens.
7. Our favourite is the herb garden on the windowsill. How can you beat the joy of plucking fresh curry leaves or basil and using it
to cook right away?
Smaller indoor plants can be used as décor in the living room.
Succulents can be used to style console tables and bookshelves.
Plants in the kitchen make the space personal.
Brass objects styled with indoor plants make for an elegant statement.
Besides botanicals, you can opt to grow flowers as indoor plants as well.
Once the euphoria over the first burst of monsoons has abated, most of us look for ways to keep dampness at bay in this season. Read on to find out how
Wondering if you should invest in that expensive décor for a rental home? We say do it. After all, rentals are homes too