Think of a blank wall as a blank canvas. There is so much you can do with it that it could be daunting for you to consider. Don’t fret, we’ve put together a list of ideas to make your home interior walls go from plain to statement-making.
The best thing about wall décor is that it’s the easiest way to create a ‘look’ for any room. So, even if it’s the only thing you mull over for a room, then it’ll still probably be enough.
- A thematic wall makes a space look attractive, organized, and
- You can go with a theme based on the style of art you display.
For example; ink-based paintings, abstract art, or caricatures.
You can also go with a particular artist’s paintings if you are an
art collector and enjoy the same.
- If you’d like to display photographs, stick to a mood, for e.g.; a
monochromatic display or a selection of creatively captured
- Mix and match paintings and photos with decorative wall-
mounted objects or framed fabrics that go with the theme.
Choosing a theme based on monochromatic photos for your wall décor adds elegance to your room. Image Courtesy, Kurafuto Works
For e.g.; a theme based on traditional or cultural artifacts
- A ledge is a narrow shelf of a few inches, which can be used to display collectibles.
- This is a great option if you’d like to avoid drilling holes and hanging things. Simply display them on a ledge and lean the piece on the wall
- This makes it easier to rearrange the display whenever something else catches your eye. Place a variety of articles including frames, artifacts,
decorative accessories, mirrors, etc.
- If there’s enough space on the ledge then place objects that are framed creatively in boxes, standing upright. For e.g. if you have a collection of
small objects and don’t know how to display them, then frame them in a box and place them here.
Innovative gallery walls
- A mixture of mixed media, like photos, art, decorative objects, and frames of different shapes.
- Add character to the mix with a variety of finishes.
- Mount objects of sentimental value or souvenirs from trips to make the arrangement more personal.
Nilaya by Asian Paints’ designer collaborations with fashion designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Good Earth can turn your walls into a canvas for an interesting collaboration between fashion and print design. Photography by Prachi Damle
Wallpaper or murals
- Printed wallpapers add character to blank walls.
- Opt for a mural or decal that makes the wall look unique.
- Have fun with it. For e.g. you could use the wallpaper cut into
panels across the wall. Another example could be framing the
wallpaper or various prints in a variety of finishes and sizes and
arranging it creatively.
- The main benefit of dressing up any wall with mirrors is that it
makes spaces look bigger. So, if there’s a bank wall in the
entryway or a smaller space, a mirror is perfect.
- A collection of reflective surfaces create an interactive illusion.
As you move the reflections change and seem less static as
compared to other pieces of décor.
- Use an accent mirror with a statement frame or a bunch of old
mirrors with antique frames. This will guarantee a great looking
wall, no matter where you place it.
- Wall plates have become a popular choice in Indian décor. This is a trendy option.
- Ceramic wall plates are the most popular.
- This idea works in a kitchen or a dining space.
- Tapestry adds warmth and character to rooms.
- Opt for rugs or embroidered scarves as wall décor.
- Place such pieces in areas where there’s little chance of it
catching dust. The fabric can be dry-cleaned regularly for
- Areas like a library, study, or lounging space are most suitable
for this style of décor.
- This method adds the most amount of drama to your décor.
Displaying tapestry on your wall instantly adds a touch of warmth to your décor. Photography by Fabien Charuau, Designed by SquareWorks.
- Use pieces like old doors, window frames, antiques that have stories
- Use statement pieces available in the market. Some of them even come as a group of items to create a complete stylized setting on the wall.
- Use wall terrariums that hardly need any maintenance, yet look so effortlessly pretty.
- Mount small quirky planters to add more character and an element of fun to the walls.
- Hang a bunch of planters at a corner of the room.
- Use plants that don’t require much water, so walls remain clean.
- An ideal location to place this would be near a window, or balcony with some sunlight.
Fill out this form and our Customer Experience Specialist will reach out to you.
With the help of experts we have put together a list of handy tools to have at home, because sometimes you just need to hang that painting yourself
Proud homeowners everywhere would agree on one thing—the heartbreak is real when you see paint peeling off your walls or cracks setting in. It all boils down to how well (or how poorly) your house was waterproofed. Thankfully, it’s never too late to protect your house. So, with the monsoon here, we lined up all the FAQs on waterproofing
Architects and interiors designers believe that homeowners will look at their residences with a new perspective, having survived many days stuck indoors
Decorating your home is not an easy task, especially when architectural challenges come in the way. We suggest a few décor hacks to take the stress out of it.