Having fur babies can often spell disaster for your home décor. Check out our simple tips to ensure both happy pets and a good-looking home
Pet parenting is a tough job but totally worth it when you get it right. Here’s how you can make sure your fur babies and your house are always safe and beautiful:
Pet proof the house:
· Dogs tend to launch themselves into the air or over things without warning. If you live higher up, make sure you have window grills or very secure railings over which your dog cannot jump.
· Choke chains are awful. However, if your pet is easily excitable and requires restraint when you have guests over try a body harness that is strong yet comfortable and avoid stressing them out by keeping them confined for short intervals.
. Use double-sided tape to ensure that there are no hanging edges to table cloths, runners or flimsy drapes that a dog will encourage your dog to play tug.
· Dogs are curious and will often chew on leaves or plants that are easily accessible. But certain house plants can be harmful, if ingested, so do your homework before adding potted plants to your home.
Save your furniture:
· Give your dog a dedicated corner of the house. A dog bed or cute kennel is easily available online in a variety of styles or you can even get one custom designed. This often makes them less likely to jump up on the couch or the chairs.
· Supply your dog with a regular fix of chew-friendly toys or a large bone to prevent them from decimating your furniture.
· Dogs love company and being seated next to you when you’re reading a book or watching TV, lets him or her feel secure. Place a rug near you and show the dog that she or he can sit on it while you are in your chair.
Chewing comes naturally to dogs irrespective of age or breed. Save your furniture legs, handles and cushions from the wrath of gnashes by giving your pet toys and treats that are built to relieve stress and provide endless hours of fun.
Easy clean the floors:
Confused about which basin to buy for your bathroom? Our handy guide will sort you out
Choosing curtains for your living room can be quite a daunting task. Use our inspired living room drape ideas to make the best choice for your home!
Cleaning brass items for Diwali is a great way to welcome in both the festival & a feeling of freshness in the home! Learn how to clean brassware here.
Try these inspired living room colour ideas from interior designers, Bhavin and Komal Sheth, and completely transform your home today!