Click Here for a 3D design consultation with our interior designers!
If you need a ready checklist to make your house perfect for entertaining and hosting, look no further
Prepping for the season of entertaining and parties need not be stressful with these easy tips for each area of the house:
1. The façade
· Decorative lights are a huge part of getting the home all dressed up, so clean them, check for dead batteries, fused bulbs or tangled strings
· Get windows washed and outdoor houseplants spruced up as the lights will draw attention to them
· Put a cheerful wreath on the door or hang some elegant silver bells to make the doorway welcoming
2. The deck or patio
· If you’re planning to have a barbeque or serve cocktails outside, dust off the outdoor furniture and check if they need any repairs
· Invest in a few trolleys for drinks and food. These leave tables free for guests to dine on and you can place pretty centerpieces on them as well
3. Living room
· The tree is usually the focal point of the room so decorate that in a style to match the rest of your home. Leave room around it for people to
walk up to it and admire the baubles and tree hangings. Bind trailing wires to avoid any tripping or fire hazards
· Knitted throws and plenty of cushions in cheery colours or glittery fabric can add warmth to the seating area
· A couple of shaggy rugs in deep shades are perfect for guests to sink their feet in
4. Dining room
· A table runner either in red checkered fabric or a tartan print creates the right setting for your party spreads. Fat glitter-covered candles and
painted white pinecones complete the picture
· Ensure you have enough glassware, crockery and cutlery to spare. If your sets are short of a couple of items, mixing and matching different
sets can be both practical and appear whimsical
· Pick a couple of vintage or heritage pieces and use these as centerpieces to serve your signature dishes or the piece de resistance of the
· Printed napkins with Christmas motifs or napkin rings fashioned out of green twine can be a playful touch
· Give the bar a quick onceover to see if anything needs restocking. Ensure you have a good ice bucket and tongs
· Check inventory of all pots, pans, ladles, dishes and trays required as soon as you decide the menu
· For leftovers, organise microwave safe containers for the fridge or eco-friendly disposable ones for guests to take away
6. Guest rooms
· When parties run late, some guests who live far away or are visiting from out of town may wish to spend the night. Keep extra pillows, sheets
and duvets ready for such a situation
· Stock the closet with hangers for their clothes and perhaps keep a freshly laundered bathrobe along with the towels.
· These should have facial tissues and moisturiser besides the mandatory stock of toilet paper, soap and hand towels. Ensure a diffuser for a
· A small basket of potpourri on the window sill or a little red and green poinsettia on a shelf seamlessly completes the Christmas look
A table runner either in red checkered fabric or a tartan print creates the right setting for your party spreads.
Decorative lights are a huge part of getting the home all dressed up.
Make sure the bathroom is stocked with facial tissues, soap, hand towels and moisturizer.
Check inventory of all pots, pans, ladles, dishes and trays required as soon as you decide the menu.
If you’re planning to have a barbeque or serve cocktails outside, dust off the outdoor furniture and check if they need any repairs.
Fill out this form and our Customer Experience Specialist will reach out to you.
Protecting your deck correctly in winter ensures you have that fabulous entertaining space for the rest of the year
What does it take to install smart home products and automation systems? Read on to find out how you can operate various systems in your house with just your smart phone and voice commands
Tables are an intrinsic and essential piece of household furniture. Ensure they last you a long time by following these simple steps
Looking to create an amazing table setting for your next lunch party? We’ve got Ami Kothari of Dining Couture to decode the ultimate luxurious lunch table setting