Learn how to make your own cake stand with this simple DIY idea
The next time you want to style your tea party with a cake stand, make your own instead of buying one from the mall. Here’s what you need.
1. A Dinner plate
2. A wine glass (preferably one with a short and stout stem)
3. Spray paint
4. Loctite adhesive
1. Turn the plate and place the wine glass at the exact center of the plate. Mark the circular base of the wine glass on the base.
2. Remove the glass from the plate and apply adhesive on the outline made. Immediately place the glass base on the marking and hold it for 5 minutes. Let it dry for 15 minutes.
3. Once the adhesive has dried, spray the paint on the bottom of the wine glass in a colour of your choice. Let it dry for one hour.
Please note the paint has a very strong smell and keeping a newspaper below the product will be useful as it may damage your floor.
Editor's Note: Please note that due to the nature of materials used in a spray paint, this cake stand can only be used as a decor accessory. Please do not use this cake stand to for food items that you will consume.
4. Your cake stand is ready!
Looking for a new twist to your planter? Try our DIY gumboot planter for size
A DIY that uses Origami folding techniques to create an elegant, beautiful envelope nobody will want to throw away