Click Here for a 3D design consultation with our interior designers!
We collaborated with The Flower Company to learn the basics of making an arrangement with flowers that are easily available at your neighborhood florist.
Flower arrangement 101: The basics of working with Indian flowers at home.
It may seem like the most natural thing in the world, to add fresh, dewy flowers to dress up a corner of your home. But there is a subtle art to making it look effortless and just right. And because we want your summer to be as vibrant as possible, we are going to show you how it’s done—with some help from The Flower Company. If you are worried that the sun and the heat will wilt the flowers too soon, opt for roses, chrysanthemums, goldenrods and yellow stocks. And read till the end for some maintenance tips.
YOU WILL NEED
- Pink rose
- Yellow stock
- Glass vase
- Gardening scissors
- Plant food
1. Fill the glass vase with water till it is half full.
2. Add some plant food and stir if necessary.
3. Combine the tall flowers like the tuberoses and yellow stock
with the greens in a crisscross manner.
4. Place this arrangement in the vase. This forms a sturdy base
for the other (more colourful) flowers.
5. Retain the flowers on the top of the chrysanthemum stem and get rid of the others flowers and the leaves.
6. Group three chrysanthemums together and add them in two positions of the arrangement
7. Pluck extra petals and leaves from the rose, the stem should be absolutely clean.
8. Now add the pink roses in groups of three at different positions to round out the arrangement.
9. If any spots look blank or flat, add in some goldenrod for texture.
10. Check if the final arrangement looks balanced in terms of the colours and ensure that no area looks flat.
DIY: A tutorial for a simple flower arrangement.
SINGLE FLOWER ARRANGEMENT
If you are working with only one variety of flowers, watch our DIY-video on how to get innovative and create a simple yet stunning arrangement.
YOU WILL NEED
- White rose
- Kamini leaves
- Glass containers in varying shapes and sizes
- Gardening scissors
1. Select the flowers and the greens for each container, trying to
create variations. You can place only flowers or only greens in
some of the containers.
2. Pluck extra petals and leaves from the rose, the stem should
be absolutely clean.
3. For the greens, remove the leaves from the bottom end of the
4. Measure the flowers and the greens against the height of the
5. Cut them by making an incision diagonally so that they can soak up more water.
6. Fill half of all the four containers with water.
7. Place the flowers and the greens in the container chosen as per the pre-decided pairing.
TIPS TO MAINTAINING FLOWERS
● Cut out the leaves from the stems so that they don’t end up as flotsam in the water-filled vase.
● Use lukewarm water.
● Clean out the water regularly; use plant food regularly too, if possible.
● When you choose a spot for the arrangement in the house, make sure it isn’t one that gets hit by direct sunlight.
Fill out this form and our Customer Experience Specialist will reach out to you.
Make your own simple eco-friendly coaster to make a great first impression
Gallery walls are a great way to show of your quirkiest print, photo, art and poster collections. But the simplest way to add personality to any room in your home is not the easiest to create. We give you a step-by-step on how to create one for your home
Birthdays, brunches or holiday parties, this rustic serving platter is the trendiest way to serve party-ready food in style at a moment’s notice. And you get to re-use trays and candle stands lying around at home in a creative way
If you’ve always wanted a small summer garden teeming with flowers but don’t have a balcony or a green thumb, this suspended glass jar wall hanger is the perfect solution. Bring spring into your home!