Turn old photo frames into a trendy and affordable indoor garden you can enjoy all year through
This chic living picture can be expanded to fill a living room wall or reduced for an entryway or corridor easily
Succulents are suddenly everywhere from high-end restaurants and wedding receptions to minimalist apartments and big-name brand stores. Here is the simple reason why - they’re low maintenance and delightfully versatile. If you have been catching yourself scrolling and double-tapping #succulentsofinstagram photos, it is time to give this DIY a shot. A simple home décor project, you don’t need to break the bank or really need to know much about plants for this one. These pretty little things are so resilient; they would probably survive the most absent-minded gardeners among us.
Getting started is easy enough. Browse local nurseries or ask a green-thumbed friend to help you pick out a few beautiful succulents. The combinations you can put together are endless. Follow the easy steps below and you will have it ready in no time.
Plants are the easiest way to freshen up any home. A good rule of thumb to remember, though, is to water when dry. Succulents are well-hydrated plants and over watering can rot roots and kill your work of art quickly.
Love the way it turned out? Tag us (@beautifulhomes.india) on Instagram inspire some more of our readers to try it too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
● Wire grid panel
● Old photo frames of different sizes
● Succulents of your choice
● Staple gun
8 Steps to a trendy living picture frame
1. .Remove the glass from the photo frames
2. Take the bigger frame and place the wire grid panel on it
3. Cut the wire grid to size and staple it to the frame
4. Take the smaller frame and stick it onto the bigger one
5. Add coco peat and level it, making sure the coco peat is moist
6. Add succulents to the coco peat through the wire grid. If required, cut the metal grid in some places to make space for more succulents
7. Balance the succulents in shape and size and fill in the tinier gaps with smaller trellis
8. Finally, don’t forget to lightly water your indoor garden at least twice a week
The succulent frame is now ready for your wall. Good luck!
Get in on the hanging garden trend with these easy to upcycle, coloured planters
Sign Up and become a part of the India’s largest community of design enthusiasts, including experts.
Use vacay time wisely and put together a custom pendant lamp that will delight you every time it catches your eye
We collaborated with The Flower Company to learn the basics of making an arrangement with flowers that are easily available at your neighborhood florist
So, we’ll see you in your Inbox soon.