Restaurateur AD Singh tells us about the top ten things in his life
AD Singh has been part of the hospitality scene in India for the last 25 years. His brands Olive Bar & Kitchen, Guppy by ai, Fatty Bao, Monkey Bar have rewritten the norms of the restaurant industry in India. We spoke to him about the top ten things in his life.
1. What’s the one thing that you carry around with you at all times?
2. What is your favourite corner in your home?
The den, where I work out of.
3. What was the last big purchase that you made for your home?
A dollhouse for my daughter Zoe.
4. Three gadgets that you always need around you?
Phones, phones, phones!
5. How would you describe your personal style?
I used to be fairly adventurous but as I now head a fairly large business, it's become more formal.
6. First thing that you need to do when you get to work in the morning?
I try to clear my to-do list.
7. Your favourite tool in the kitchen?
The items I need to make Zoe's cheese dosas!
8. What is your comfort food?
North Indian home food.
9. Favourite Holiday destination?
Cities where I can see restaurants.
10. One trick/ tip as a host that has never failed you?
People are hungry early. Give them heavy options to keep them sated.
Actress and style editor for TheLabelLife Bipasha Basu tells us about the top ten things in her life right now
Botanical stylist Priyanka Shah of Studio Lalala is our guest stylist for the yearend season of celebration when every house puts on a show. She tells us about her work, her inspiration, and process