Those little stubby plants are the perfect blend of pretty and hardy. Place them in terrariums and they will instantly add a dose of chic to your space. We got Neha Nadkarni, an avid gardener with a big green thumb to tell us how to do it right
If they remind you of deserts, then you are not wrong. After all, they are known to thrive in hot, arid climates around the world. And perhaps why, also make for great houseplants because they require very little maintenance. They are available in a range of colours, shapes and sizes and make for interesting arrangements. Click here to see arrangements. They are so fuss-free, that the even the ones among us known as plant-killers, can actually care for them.
There are just five simple tips one needs to bear in mind while choosing and caring for your succulents:
1. Choose as much variety as possible.
2. Keep them in an open space with maximum sunlight.
3. Water them every alternate day with just a few spoonfuls since they love humidity.
4. Plant them ideally in a mixture of coal, brick, sand and manure with very little mud.
5. Use pots that are unglazed or have a matte finish to ensure maximum drainage and good breathing space.