Turn old photo frames into a trendy and affordable indoor garden you can enjoy all year through
Succulents are suddenly everywhere from high-end restaurants and wedding receptions to minimalist apartments and big-name brand stores. Here is the simple reason why - they’re low maintenance and delightfully versatile. If you have been catching yourself scrolling and double-tapping #succulentsofinstagram photos, it is time to give this DIY a shot. A simple home décor project, you don’t need to break the bank or really need to know much about plants for this one. These pretty little things are so resilient; they would probably survive the most absent-minded gardeners among us.
Getting started is easy enough. Browse local nurseries or ask a green-thumbed friend to help you pick out a few beautiful succulents. The combinations you can put together are endless. Follow the easy steps below and you will have it ready in no time.
Love the way it turned out? Tag us (@beautifulhomes.india) on Instagram inspire some more of our readers to try it too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
● Wire grid panel
● Old photo frames of different sizes
● Succulents of your choice
● Coco peat
● Staple gun
8 Steps to a trendy living picture frame
1. Remove the glass from the photo frames
2. Take the bigger frame and place the wire grid panel on it
3. Cut the wire grid to size and staple it to the frame
4. Take the smaller frame and stick it onto the bigger one
5. Add coco peat and level it, making sure the coco peat is moist
6. Add succulents to the coco peat through the wire grid. If required, cut the metal grid in some places to make space for more
7. Balance the succulents in shape and size and fill in the tinier gaps with smaller trellis
8. Finally, don’t forget to lightly water your indoor garden at least twice a week
The succulent frame is now ready for your wall. Good luck!