Keep your kitchen looking brand new by following these easy kitchen design tips suggested by Mumbai based interior designer Minnie Bhatt
A kitchen is one of the most extensively used places within any Indian household. Taking good care of this space is therefore of utmost importance. The shape of the kitchen can vary from a parallel formation to a U or L shape. These offer optimum space utilisation required for working conveniently. The kitchen triangle is a crucial element of design, used to place the sink, hob and refrigerator. Follow these tips to minimise the grime in your kitchen:
1. Granite is the go-to material when it comes to kitchen countertops due to the excess use of oil and platform space in Indian cooking. The
composition of granite makes it durable and easy to maintain. It can be washed and cleaned everyday with just soap and water without losing
its actuality overtime
2. In a heavily operated kitchen, I would advice against the use of a U or L-shaped countertop as it would lead to corners that would be a bit of a
challenge to clean
3. Kitchen cabinets should be finished using materials that behave like plastic or have a plastic-like finish. So, laminates (which is the most
budget friendly option), glass, back-painted glass and paint laminated shutters are the way to go. Their glossy finish makes it easy to clean
viscous and oily substances
4. Dado tiles should be selected in a manner that would make them easy to clean. It’s best to avoid using 3D tiles
5. It is preferable to select materials that are water and fire resistant and have a long-life span
6. Avoid using porous stones for countertops as they tend to either bend overtime or absorb the colours given off by Indian masalas
A granite countertop is most preferable for an Indian kitchen as it is easy to clean and maintain. Avoid porous stones and surfaces that can stain overtime.
Laminate or glass shutters are the way to go for a clean and sparkling kitchen as their glossy base makes it easy to clean viscous and oily substances.
Use flat tiles to prevent a build-up of grime in your kitchen. Cleaning 3D and embossed tiles can quickly become a strenuous task.
Reach into your pantry for simple stain removal solutions that can save the day
Sign Up and become a part of the India’s largest community of design enthusiasts, including experts.
So, we’ll see you in your Inbox soon.