Learn how to organise your cutlery cabinet at home
Organising your cutlery is one of those tasks that are high on our home to-do lists, but we can never seem to get around to it, in reality. That’s because most of us don’t know where to start.
Here’s our checklist of tools that will help in organizing your cutlery in the kitchen in an efficient, organised way:
1. Drawer Trays: Trays are available in all shapes, sizes and materials and are helpful in keeping your kitchen drawer organized. Plastic trays work better since wood and moisture don’t go well together. Use trays with compartments to be able to separate cutlery by size and use.
2. Inner mat for Drawers: Besides drawers, a roll of plastic available as a thin mat works very well to line your kitchen drawers. These are available at your local kitchenware store and can be cut according to the shape of your drawer.
3. Containers: Besides keeping your cutlery in kitchen drawers, there are always pieces that you need on a daily basis which need to be in proximity to your kitchen work area. Consider old school aluminium containers and vintage jars with slots on the base (to allow water to drain out) as a chic way to store your cutlery.
4. Kitchen Pegboard: A kitchen pegboard is a useful accessory in the kitchen to organise cutlery and utensils that you use everyday. Watch our DIY video on making a kitchen pegboard to organise your kitchen.
5. Magnetic Strips: For kitchen cutlery like knives, a magnetic strip fixed on the wall works well to organise them at a useful distance.
Good kitchen karma is having everything you need right where you need it, and in an organised manner. With this checklist under your arm, your mother would be quite proud of your kitchen skills, we think.